- We are proud to announce the opening of our new High Definition MRI scanner.
- High Def MRI increases productivity with High Tech MRI scanner...read more
How to Prepare
How should I prepare for my exam?
There's no special preparation necessary for the MRI examination. There are no food or drink restrictions unless your doctor specifically requests that you not eat or drink anything before the exam. Continue to take any medication prescribed by your doctor unless otherwise directed.
You should wear loose comfortable clothing such as athletic attire for your exam. You should not wear anything metallic during the MRI examination. Please leave watches, jewelry or anything made from metal at home. Some cosmetics contain small amounts of metals, so it is best to not wear make-up on the day of your examination.
If your clothing contains any metal, such as zippers or snaps, you will be asked to wear a gown during your examination. Items that may not enter the MRI system room include:
- Purse, wallet, money clip, credit cards, or cards with magnetic strips
- Electronic devices such as beepers or cell phones
- Hearing aids
- Metal jewelry, watches
- Pens, paper clips, keys, coins
- Hair barrettes, hairpins
- Any article of clothing that has a metal;
(zipper, buttons, snaps, hooks, underwires, or metal threads)
- Shoes, belt buckles, safety pins
Please make sure to tell our staff if you have shrapnel anywhere in your body
It is important that you discuss any health concerns you may have with your physician prior to your MRI exam.
Check with the MRI technologist or radiologist at the MRI center if you have questions or concerns about any implanted object or health condition that could impact the MRI procedure.